Motivation is key to any kind of personal and professional success. Especially in today’s day and age, we need form better habits in a jiffy, we’re expected to adapt to newer skills at work and learn new things continuously. All of the above is possible when we’re motivated from within to do it. Wouldn’t you agree? So how is that happen?
When we’re intrinsically motivated it drives us to make positive changes in our lives, develop skills & strengthen our habits.
I’ve been on a personal assignment to understand and verify how motivation works for all of us, in different spheres of life. I analyzed four different cases, one of my grandmom’s health, one of my own, one of a friend’s professional conduct in a large corporation and another in a personal relationship. They all led me to conclude that any kind of change, physical, mental or emotional, comes from an internal drive or motivation. Of course, I’m not undermining the effect of external motivation or any backing from people/favorable situations. However, I am commenting on the fact that, the drive to change comes from within. Whether we’re looking at any change of personal habits… or changes in skills for a promotion… or be successful in our business through our consistent discipline… or have successful personal relationships… the idea is to sustain that drive towards a measurable result. Whether it is motivation required to get rid of our laziness, or to start work, or to stop procrastination, or to get fit, or anything we can drive results through these tested strategies:
Whether we’re looking at any change of personal habits… or changes in skills for a promotion… or be successful in our business through our consistent discipline… or have successful personal relationships… the idea is to sustain that drive towards a measurable result. Whether it is motivation required to get rid of our laziness, or to start work, or to stop procrastination, or to get fit, or anything we can drive results through these tested strategies:
- Understand your ‘WHY’: I know this really makes you toil, but trust me you need it. Start with a mission statement that resonates with your WHY – the most important reason because of which you will be driven to results. That would be your biggest reason to make any kind of change happen, whether it as an entrepreneur, as an employee, student or even in personal life (for personal goals). If you aren’t sure about how to truly zero in on your focus, start with a list and start eliminating things you really can’t carry out for whatever reasons. Once you’ve understood the reason to stick to your goal, you will be extremely, motivated to carry any task.
- Decide and start today: I can give my example, in this case, I decided to change the way I look and feel. One day, and in an instant, I took action. I immediately enrolled myself in the gym and started somewhere. Later, I went to the doctor got an opinion from a nutritionist and got going. And I’ve seen some massive results. The reason behind is to question where do our beliefs lie, where are we at the moment and where do we want to go, in terms of what results do we want to see.
- Be your leader and manager: Now, whether you’re an employee, a business owner or a homemaker, you need to be the leader of your own track and your own path. I do not mean that you cannot then be led by someone at work or you need to contradict someone in that position, in fact on the contrary. I am trying to tell you that when you take charge of your situations and lead yourself with optimism, grace, and charm, you become your motivation.
- Hold yourself accountable: The best way to hold oneself accountable is by writing it down, maintaining a record and/or telling a credible person to check with you regarding your accomplishments. If you truly need something, you want any change to happen, you will take charge of the situation. It begins with holding oneself accountable in situations will hold yourself accountable.
- Inspire, take the motivation forward: Believe me when I say that when you’re kinder to the world, it comes back to you. I believe that everyone has the ability to inspire, grow and motivate others while getting motivated from them as well. When you look at the world with optimism and spread it forward, you’re sure to get and stay motivated. Give it a go.
Now, I’d like to hear some tactics from you. Do you follow any ritual that allows you stay motivated and true to your goal? Or where do you seek your external motivation from? Mention your thoughts in the comments below. I’d love to see what you contribute.
My posts are a labor of love and I really hope you got value out of it. I would truly appreciate if you shared it with your friends, family, or across your social media. Share away and also BECOME AN INSIDER, sign up to get the free resource, YOU’LL LOVE IT.
Copyright, 2017. http://www.priyankachopraumrigar.com